Happy Couples Top Regrets when Wedding and Venue Planning
We have combined some regrets from real life weddings here at Larchfield Estate as experienced by our very own event managers from couples planning their wedding and booking their dream venue. If couples could do it all again…
1) Choosing your ideal date before selecting your perfect venue
Try not to rule out your favourite venue just because you have your mind set on one specific date which may be taken… be flexible when looking for dates and venues, you never know what you might come across!
2) Dragging your feet when picking your venue and date
Don’t be behind when saying yes to your venue, there might be another couple spying your desired date!
3) Looking at the distance of a venue as a negative rather than remembering the special feelings you had when viewing it
Be open to venturing from home and experiencing somewhere different, your guests will be willing to drive/travel to be a part of your special day and seeing a new, fantastic location
4) Having the wedding ceremony and reception in different location when you don’t have to
Why waste time on the most important day of your life by travelling from venue to venue? By having both ceremony and reception in one place, you can cherish every moment and not have to worry about the logistics of getting from A to B
5) Picking a venue that means travelling somewhere else to find the best spot for those treasured photographs
Pick a venue which has it all… ceremony space, a dining area, bar and reception areas, and very importantly, an outstanding outdoor space for those sought-after wedding photographs
6) Not having an experienced team who know your venue to help you with your big day
It is invaluable to have a helping hand when planning your wedding day, choose a venue which has a full-time and in-house team on hand, which are there to help you create your wedding day as you wish
7) Selecting a venue without parking for your guests
Choose a wedding venue which offers space for car parking, some guests will thank you!
8) Choosing pre-cooked and heated-up food for your wedding breakfast
Of course you want fresh food prepared onsite, your wedding day is a special day and so every aspect should be delicious! Pre-cooked does not necessarily mean more cost effective, do your research and find the best fresh food caterer which works best for you
9) Overestimating your guest size
Choose a venue which can accommodate to all your nearest and dearest. Ask your potential venues how many guests they can hold for ceremony, dinner, and the evening for those wanting to put their dancing shoes on!
10) Choosing a venue with restrictions
Picking a venue with restrictions on decoration, table layout, catering options and much more must be frustrating… choose somewhere which you love and which you can create your unique day where your personalities shine through
11) Choosing a venue with no overnight stay
When choosing a venue, accommodation may not be one of the most important factors, however, wouldn’t it be nice to be able to dander through the walled gardens to your bed on your wedding night?
12) Picking a venue with the chance of seeing another happy couple on location
Exclusive venues are a special find, and the most popular! The on-site team and all eyes on the day are focused on you, choose a venue which means you have the whole place to yourself!