Jul 12 2023
With so many wedding venues available, it can be hard to make the decision on where to host your day. Many weeks, days and hours can be spent weighing up finer details of each venue you choose to view. And after all, it is an extremely important choice to make!
So why do we think you should choose Larchfield Estate? – well there’s 1001 reasons! Just some of our top reasons to choose us are below:
1. A heritage venue with a history dating back as far as the 1600s. By choosing to host your wedding here, you are helping us preserve the heritage of Larchfield Estate. Our 1800s stone barn and cottages have been lovingly restored, to create the magical and whimsical rustic, yet elegant destination venue we have today.
2. It’s all yours! The last thing you want is to be bumping into another wedding party, or to end up with some uninvited guests on the day… at Larchfield Estate the barn and walled gardens are exclusively yours, so you can enjoy the place to yourselves with your nearest and dearest surrounding you. Our team can then focus fully on your day and likewise with your suppliers too.
3. Flexibility to personalise your day. We firmly believe that all couples should have the perfect day that is tailored to them – from catering, to décor, and even the schedule of the day. Whilst our team will of course offer their expertise and advice, there is very little that we dictate to you – we simply work with you to try and ensure your perfect day comes together smoothly.
4. Support local whilst choosing your own suppliers - we have a very good black book to help guide you ( some with exclusive discounts for our couples!) We provide the venue and the support to bring it all together, you get to choose talented suppliers who match your vision to make it your day, different from any other… For example from a street food BBQ to 7 course dinner – we have approved caterers who can provide the perfect meal for your day.
5. Indoor and outdoor spaces for your ceremony and drinks reception. Okay, we know it’s Northern Ireland, and the weather cannot always be trusted, but it would surprise you how many events and weddings we host outdoors each year! Even if it isn’t sunny, a lovely calm overcast day is perfect for guests to enjoy the outdoors (without the risk of sunburn), and this is also the most flattering light for your photos. We have amazing indoors spaces too and we’ll always chat through a ‘plan a’ and ‘plan b’ with you in advance of your day, to cover all eventualities.
6. Dedicated events team on hand to help and answer any questions – think of us like that extra helpful bridesmaid (with the experience to match!). When searching for a venue, it is very easy to focus on the bigger picture such as the overall look and feel (which is of course important), and price – we firmly believe that the finer details are what truly creates the value for you. Our events team are on site and available to answer any questions you may have throughout your planning process, and you will generally receive replies within 24 hours Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. This may seem like a small thing, however when you are in the planning stages and need answers yesterday, it really will help relieve any stress you may have! So many of our couples comment on the amazing level of support they’ve had in the run up to their wedding day:
‘We planned the wedding from abroad in Canada and your patience and support was great. The venue and overall wedding experience was great. The on-site accommodation and rooms made it a special day’
‘Communication was fantastic, anything we asked for, we were accommodated without any issue!’
‘We would just like to thank everyone at Larchfield for making our day so amazing! From our first day stepping onto the grounds, you made us feel so welcome, and on our wedding day we felt no different! Our guests felt the same, loving everything about the place! The facilities, accommodation, staff, are all brilliant and we couldn't have imagined our day anywhere else. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you, hopefully we can come back some day for a little stay!’
‘The support and communication both prior to our wedding and on the day was fantastic.’
7. Do your bit for the environment – weddings and all types of events inevitably do have an impact on your carbon footprint. By working with our approved and recommended local suppliers (many of whom work as hard to be sustainable) and given the fact that our venue and accommodation run ‘carbon negative’, we can help you offset your wedding day where possible.
8. Our welcome party! Wave hello to our super cute alpacas and miniature donkeys (and little Shetland, Robert) as you enter Larchfield Estate on your wedding day – they will be sure to put a smile on your guest’s faces!
9. No corkage fees. We allow our wedding couples to provide bottles of bubbly for drinks receptions and wines for the evening meal with no corkage fees charged. This can save A LOT.
10. Very reasonable bar prices for your guests. Our pricing is much more akin to country pub prices than stereotypical venue prices, so your guests can have an enjoyable day without having to spend too much – after all, we all know weddings are pricey enough to attend.
11. Stunning overnight accommodation – our beautiful 1800s stone cottages have been renovated to create a cosy and homely location to lay your head after a good days celebration. We also have a luxurious glamping experience (complete with sauna), and larger cottage which sleeps 11 plus hot tubs! New additions will bring occupancy to 43 across 20 rooms.
12. The post wedding breakfast together in The Old Piggery – join together with your closest friends and family who have stayed overnight on site for a relaxed breakfast.
13. Fancy a day two? The joy of choosing a private venue means that the possibilities are endless, and you can hire Larchfield Estate for additional days if you wish (subject to availability of course!). Perhaps a more relaxed second day with a BBQ or buffet and some chilled live music. If your second day is a bit more of an intimate affair, the Old Piggery at Larchfield Estate is the perfect destination to extend the celebrations even longer!
We have told you lots of our favourite things about Larchfield Estate…. Whilst we may be just a little biased, we thought it would be helpful to hear from some of our amazing past couples.
Did you know that
‘Since our wedding 3 months ago, I have spoken to 3 colleagues who are currently engaged, they are pharmacists and had looked into Larchfield as a potential venue but the venue hire cost put them off. However from our experience that we have shared, the cost of our wedding with you was the same as an upper-end hotel venue therefore we believe the misconception of high overall wedding cost is your greatest obstacle.’
‘Loads included in the price - great value for money. We were able to build everything from the ground up. Very bespoke experience! Larchfield is a gorgeous canvas. Loved the exclusivity. Love. Love. LOVED it!’
Thank you so much to all the people we worked with at Larchfield! We honestly couldn't recommend you more and have bragged about Larchfield ever since falling in love with it last year! The staff are so helpful and easy to communicate with and get in touch with. Everyone was so accommodating to any requests we had and this really made the venue feel so personal! Thank you all so much for everything!
What really impressed us about Larchfield was the professional attitude of your team - prompt responses to emails, useful information and advice. We always got the impression that the whole team actually cared about our wedding which was a lovely touch because after comparing our experience with friends who had their weddings elsewhere, this quality really is unique!
‘Over a year down the line and many other weddings Larchfield still remains our perfect venue for us.’
‘The venue is delightful - the barn can be used just as it is - without decoration it is beautiful.’
‘To the entire team: THANK YOU a million times over. What a magical experience.’
*Based on 262 couples surveyed
If you would like to explore Larchfield Estate for your own wedding day (or other corporate or private event!) give us a call to meet us over the phone (02892638025), or email the Larchfield Estate Events Team (AKA your bonus bridesmaids!) on email@example.com
to book a viewing.
You can also get a sneak peek at https://www.36zerovirtualtours.co.uk/Larchfield/ if you would like a virtual tour first!