11 Wedding Trends for 2024
We aren’t necessarily all about following trends in terms of style here at Larchfield Estate. We very much believe in each couple creating a day that is bespoke to them – from décor, to catering, and even the overall timings and flow of the day.
However, looking ahead can somethings be a helpful place to start when embarking upon your wedding planning journey! There are so many ideas and influences out there, it can feel like quite the whirlwind at the start.
No matter how many trends you choose to follow (or ignore!), we believe that it is super important to create the day that is perfect for you as a couple – and many of the future trends we are seeing actually emphasise just that – personalisation and creativity.
Predicting specific trends can be challenging, as they of course vary depending on factors such as location, cultural preferences, and individual styles. However, we have put together a few possible wedding trends for 2024 that you may find helpful, or just interesting to consider:
- Sustainable and Eco-Friendly Weddings: With increasing awareness about environmental issues, couples may opt for eco-friendly weddings. This can involve using sustainable materials, reducing waste, choosing locally sourced food and flowers, and implementing energy-saving practices. (see our earlier blog here on sustainable events and weddings)
- Intimate and Micro Weddings: The trend of smaller, more intimate weddings is likely to continue in 2024. Couples may choose to have a smaller guest list to focus on creating a more meaningful and personalized experience for their loved ones. The Old Piggery at Larchfield Estate is ideal for this, with onsite accommodation and a stunning courtyard area for your nearest and dearest.The Old Piggery at Larchfield Estate - image by Iain Irwin
- Non-traditional Venues: Couples are increasingly opting for non-traditional wedding venues such as art galleries, breweries, rooftops, or private estates. These unique locations offer a distinct ambiance and allow couples to showcase their individual style. Many also offer exclusive use, meaning just you and your guests will be at the venue. No crossover of other parties!
The Main Barn at Larchfield Estate at Christmas. By, The Martins
- Personalized Experiences: Couples will continue to prioritize personalization in their weddings. Customized details, such as monograms, family heirlooms, and personalized vows, will be popular choices to make the event more meaningful and reflective of the couple's story.A beautiful alternative to the guest book - guests can leave personal voice messages. By Erne Wedding DJ, Image by Iain Irwin.
- Inclusive Celebrations: More couples are embracing inclusivity in their weddings, creating a space where all guests feel welcome and represented. This can include diverse wedding parties, gender-neutral traditions, and accommodations for various cultural or religious practices. We also welcome family pets at Larchfield Estate, as an important part of your lives they are often an important part of your day!
Dogs are very much welcomed at Larchfield Estate! By Crazy Happy Love Photography
- Technological Enhancements: Advancements in technology may play a significant role in weddings. Virtual reality (VR) or augmented reality (AR) elements might be incorporated, allowing remote guests to experience the event virtually (though we have yet to see this at Larchfield!). Live streaming of ceremonies could also become more prevalent, and/or video links for guests whom could not attend to send messages to the couple.
- Colourful and Bold Themes: Vibrant and bold colour schemes are expected to be on-trend in 2024. Couples may experiment with bold combinations and statement colours, deviating from traditional pastels or neutrals.
- Speeches, yay or nay! As a venue that promotes a relaxed (yet elegant) vibe, we attract many couples who wish to steer away from the most formal of traditions. You may wish not to do speeches at all, or perhaps to do them during the day rather than before the dinner – we have no rules on this, you do it your way! Something we are seeing more of is speeches from the ladies, from brides, to bridesmaids and family, and we love it!
Ciara giving her speech, by Gillian Higgins Photography
- Interactive Food and Beverage Experiences: Couples will continue to prioritize unique dining experiences. Interactive food stations, creative cocktail bars, and themed cuisine will be popular choices to entertain guests and create memorable moments. Our on site team can help with recommendations in this area – we are great believers in it being your day and here to help whenever and wherever we can to make this happen!
- Sustainable Fashion: Sustainable fashion choices will likely gain more prominence in wedding attire. Couples may opt for ethically sourced fabrics, second-hand or vintage dresses, and eco-conscious accessories.
- Creative Entertainment: Couples will explore creative entertainment options to keep their guests engaged. This could include live performances, interactive games, photo booths, or surprise elements like aerial performers or fireworks, again please do make full use of our little black book of contacts – for local suppliers whom we have seen in action and are happy to recommend.
Remember, these are just potential trends, and each couple's vision for their wedding can and should be unique. The most important aspect is to plan a celebration that reflects your own personalities and desires, creating a memorable and joyous event for all involved.
At Larchfield Estate, you also always have the added bonus of our in-house events specialists being here to work with you and help you along the way. No matter how big or small your question, or concern, our team will always get back to you within 24 hours Monday to Friday (and usually quicker), so you can be rest assured you will never be left hanging when you need answers yesterday! In the lead up to your day, our team also take over the final coordination for you, bringing everything together, and liaising with the suppliers you have chosen.
If you would like to chat to us about your own wedding plans for 2024 and beyond, please click here to chat to our in-house specialists - we are a super friendly bunch!